France: Agora international
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
Composed of 120 staff, ACTED’s headquarters are located in Paris to support and mainstream the organization’s interventions worldwide.
You will be in charge of
Building on the AGORA methodology over the last years, you will support the AGORA team along 2 main axis :
• *Supporting research, data collection and analysis relevant to the development of AGORA**
- Assist in data collection / analysis required to build the evidence base for AGORA’s development in specific country and / or globally;
- Assist data collection / analysis with regards to past, present and future AGORA projects so as to generate a comprehensive overview of what has been done / is being done under the AGORA label;
- Support the organization of data and resources in the Paris AGORA resource center.
• *Support the team to deploy the AGORA initiative in target countries**
- Assist the AGORA Officer in supporting country operations in strenghtening and deploying the AGORA methodology within ACTED area-based approach projects, and in developing AGORA proposals;
- Assist efforts to deploy the AGORA methodology and to develop and disseminate the related technical guidance and tools;
- Assist the AGORA officer in oversight efforts designed to ensure that all new AGORA projects meet the requisite standards, and contribute to making sure that these standards are deployed across countries with AGORA projects.
- Support AGORA Officer with regards to the joint ACTED / IMPACT Community of Practice on AGORA.
Expected skills and qualifications
- - Masters in Political Science, Geography or other related social sciences;
- - Excellent English oral and written communication skills;
- - Ability to synthesize and a strong taste for analysis;
- - Ability to formalize, write, communicate and report;
- - Analytical skills and ability to propose solutions to problems encountered;
- - Flexibility, dynamism, autonomy;
- - Good interpersonal skills;
- - Interest in international relief and development programs.
Terms of reference
For more information about the position, [ click here ](https://www.acted.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/agora-intern-hq-en-2022.pdf).
- - Monthly salary (legal minimum amount) : 850€ nets
- - Food Vouchers (9€)
- - 50% of transportation costs (Navigo pass) taken in charge
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (email@example.com) or below, including the reference: **AI/HQ**
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process